Comments for Conflux Groupware

03 Aug 2010 17:18 indrekjarve

At the moment it is pretty dead, as our small team has been occupied with other big projects and Conflux has been left on the sideline for now. We have had thoughts about updating the thing to support newer base software and perhaps pushing the whole Pro to OS for quite a while now, but so far haven't got to actually doing it. As summer "should" be a more quiet time, I have some hopes to getting around to it, so stay tuned, but no hard promises at this time.

28 Jul 2010 17:02 AHinMaine

Does anyone know if this project is dead or dying? Hate to see such a worthy opensource project fall by the wayside.

02 Apr 2005 16:33 fullvision

Implementation...
I have implemented this software in a 25 person organization and it is an excellent product. Indrek is fantastic and supports his product well. i couldn't ask for more from a software that cost 1/10th what the competition does.

29 Mar 2005 10:33 indrekjarve

Re: Interesting...but hard to customize

> I liked the installation, worked as
> advertised (I was testing the Pro
> version) once I cleared out all my
> previous perl, postgres, and Apache
> installations. I was just too new at it
> all to try and work through making it
> work with an earlier WAMP installation.
> Anyway, I liked it...especially the
> documentation check-in/out and version
> control. My only two concerns (not
> really complaints) are (1) customization
> is virtually non-existent (again...could
> be my newbieness) and (2) inability to
> "roll-back" to a previous
> version of a document should a check-in
> botch sometime.

Hello,

Customization: We're not exactly sure what do you mean by it, but if it is themeing, then you are correct, there is no support for themes at this moment. If you mean the inability to add custom metadata fields, then this one is solved in version 1.3.1, which has support for user created custom fields.
Your second problem, inability to roll-back versions: You actually can restore a previous version and even delete versions, you just need "manage" access in order to do it. You can set the access permissions from the Admin -> Access Tree.

28 Mar 2005 06:57 m1cajah

Interesting...but hard to customize
I liked the installation, worked as advertised (I was testing the Pro version) once I cleared out all my previous perl, postgres, and Apache installations. I was just too new at it all to try and work through making it work with an earlier WAMP installation.

Anyway, I liked it...especially the documentation check-in/out and version control. My only two concerns (not really complaints) are (1) customization is virtually non-existent (again...could be my newbieness) and (2) inability to "roll-back" to a previous version of a document should a check-in botch sometime.

12 Aug 2004 10:59 Adraeus

Looks great
Conflux Pro looks great. I'm currently evaluating it for commercial use with my Web host.

20 May 2004 18:09 dlegendx1

Re: Conflux Groupware

> This author incorrectly stated that this

> item is under GPL licensing. it is in

> fact a fee based software. I hate it

> when they lead you on like this.

Interesting, after searching further, I found the "described" GPL/Light Version. So I will have to retract my previous statement, even thought they didnt make it very easy to find.

20 May 2004 18:05 dlegendx1

Conflux Groupware
This author incorrectly stated that this item is under GPL licensing. it is in fact a fee based software. I hate it when they lead you on like this.