Comments for dillo Web browser

06 May 2003 14:23 charlesbarr

Free webpage to pdf conversion software
Hey,

I'm offering my webpage to pdf conversion software to browser projects. Basically I built an online conversion service that let's you convert webpages to pdf documents. If you want to add this functionality into Dillo, it's free and I can show you how to do it so it's seemless to users.

Check out my conversion software at www.2convrt.com and let me know if you want to add it.

Charles

20 Mar 2003 17:30 docent07

Polish language patch...
... is available here: http://www.chemia.px.pl/cgi-bin/archiwum.cgi#dillo (http://www.chemia.px.pl/cgi-bin/archiwum.cgi#dillo)

(screenshot (http://www.chemia.px.pl/cgi-bin/archiwum.cgi?typ=H&lok=www$kchemia$kpx$kpl$ugrafiki$uinne$udillo-0$k7$k1$k2_pl$kpng))

24 May 2002 17:57 jsuthan

Running On Alpha
Surfing WWW is cooler with dillo, since there isn't much support for browser or options in Alpha Linux. This browser is faster and consider enough with basic features for surfing. Thanks to the team that work out this cool piece of software. <big>Its coolest browser i been use</big>

30 Jan 2002 08:13 Daito

some ideas
This could become a cool project. I suggest you
add a personal toolbar for bookmarks like netscape
does. The bookmarks seem to have a problem loading, btw.

30 Jan 2002 06:51 ed_avis

Re: Patches

> % Somehow, development seems to happen through
> % patches exchanged on the mailing list
> % rather than by making new numbered
> % releases.
> This is plain wrong and misleading.
> (a skim at dillo's site could have
> helped you not to post such misunderstanding).

I apologize, I misread the date on the 0.6.3 release as Dec 2000 rather than Dec 2001. But still the cookies patch is so useful that it was worth applying straightaway rather than waiting for a new release. All this is moot now that 0.6.4 is out.

30 Jan 2002 06:09 jcid

Re: Patches

> You might want to check the mailing list
> archive for patches.

Just for buggy patches or prototype quality ones.

> Somehow,
> development seems to happen through
> patches exchanged on the mailing list
> rather than by making new numbered
> releases.

This is plain wrong and misleading.
(a skim at dillo's site could have helped you not
to post such misunderstanding).

NOTE TO EVERYONE: please post here your comments about dillo, and let suggestions go to our mailing list.

Jorge.-
Dillo project maintainer.

23 Jan 2002 19:49 mystran

Re: Patches

> You might want to check the mailing list
> archive for patches. Somehow,
> development seems to happen through
> patches exchanged on the mailing list
> rather than by making new numbered
> releases.

Any idea if anybody is going to put a new release together any time soon ? This is browser is fastest I've seen and renders pages really well, it would be nice to be able to tell people to give it a try but having to do a lot of patching to get functionality is not going to encourage people..

14 Jan 2002 07:07 ed_avis

Patches
You might want to check the mailing list archive (http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/SourceForge/702/0/) for patches. Somehow, development seems to happen through patches exchanged on the mailing list rather than by making new numbered releases. In particular, the cookies patch (http://w1.211.telia.com/~u21114235/patch-cookies-8jan) is very handy - it requires a little help to apply this patch to the 0.63 release, but it works.

23 Dec 2001 20:48 AnonymousCowheard

Don't implement file downloading like commercial web browsers
Please try to program your file-downloading system by reference to the program "wget" and build a status monitor and frontend to monitor wget's status and intervene whenever necessary ie stopping a download, pausing a download(?), or tunneling through some sort of encryption layer. wget is a real nice program released under GPL by GNU software. If you use the file-downloading methods that Netscape and InternetExplorer implemented, then a user's file-download will be cut and it will be trivial to resume download. Referencing wget to run in the background to download a file would be awesome. Although you are the programmer and I think it would be easier this way, please do what you must to make file-downloading outside of your program because if your program were to crash, it would stop a file-download process in its tracks! I think this webbrowser can encroach on Microsoft Internet Explorer users who's downloads stop when IE crashes, like Netscape, like all other browsers. It'll keep the Dillo web browser fast in its own element and let file downloading be performed by another program that specializes in it. Thanks for such a great program. I hope you rename it soon because, in my most kind opinion, it is pronounced too closely with "dildo", and we want as much acceptance of this browser as possible.

Woah another idea ontop my head:

Shockwave flash is a good project to cover with the alternative Shockwave flash player package, specifcally the "flashplayer" program. It was listed here on freshmeat.net, but they took it off! Last time I checked was December 10, 2001 and it isn't here anymore. Same goes for sourceforge.net Strange, eh? That is the only shockwave flash player that I know of. If it was just now disbanded, contact me for a copy of it.

Thanks again!

11 Nov 2001 13:46 immybaby

Re: Looks as though I found something usefull

This browser is awesome! The best I have used in a
while - very impressive. It is very fast and it is possible
to download files by right clicking on the link and using
Save As ...
Functionality is excellent too, with a clean interface
which is nice and uncluttered.