Projects / EtherApe / Comments

Comments for EtherApe

20 Mar 2000 13:33 dmitrymozzherin

frequency of posts
Juan, etherape is a nice idea and promising implementation, but posting changes so often as you do, makes me think that the only reason of this work is to please your ego. You are doing a nice job, and people will appreciate it more if you will be more respectful to others.

20 Mar 2000 10:40 jtoledo

RE: gnome dependent.
I'm afraid the display is definitely dependant on gnome, since it
is based in gnome_canvas and that's one of the reasons I've
managed to produce this program quite fast.

On the other hand, I'm taking care to separate the capturing
and the display side of things, so that anybody willing to
produce a different interface would only have to do that.

I don't like to be dependant on so high level libraries either,
but right now there are no other options (until some nice
programmer decides to give it a try!).

Regards,
Juan.

20 Mar 2000 09:26 jammet

Gnome dependant?
Can the program be changed to not be dependant on GNOME anymore? I've been trying to avoid the use of graphical user interfaces such as KDE and GNOME and only use a Window Manager, and like GTK applications alot. Okay this may be a silly request - I don't know just how much of etherape is about GNOME, but I've seen many apps that let me ./configure --without-gnome and I'd like this a lot with etherape. Please give it a thought, thank you =).

17 Mar 2000 17:02 gkofoed

Re: Please stop posting updates so fast
Seems the only one he is annoying is you. Either you a) have a low tolerance level, or b) are an eliteist who feels you have the right to speak for everyone about something that's really not important. As for Juan being a publicity hound, "Judge not, lest ye yourself be judged."

17 Mar 2000 16:57 gkofoed

Re: Please stop posting updates so fast

08 Mar 2000 03:23 dpdpdp

Wow !
If you are a network admin, you will love this util !!!

Thanks Juan !!! Juan also was exceedingly helpful helping me getting the thing compiled, some missing header file in my dist.)

07 Mar 2000 08:25 shevett

Please stop posting updates so fast.
Nothing annoys people more than posting announcements to an already high volume site in the rapid-fire fashion you have been. I'm sure the package is great, and interesting, and what not - but posting 2 updates a -DAY- means either a) you're hounding for publicity, or b) you're releasing your software before its ready.