Projects / NoMachine NX / Comments

Comments for NoMachine NX

15 Feb 2011 15:29 wrichards

The 'Licenses' tag says "GPL", but it looks like this is no longer true (as of 12/21/2010).

01 Dec 2010 21:55 christoph3

NX is very useful. It has some painful quirks such as AltGr locking inside the NX client window. You have to focus outside of the NX window to "unlock" AltGr, which is their suggested workaround. _Every time_ you type a character using AltGr, you have to move your mouse out of the window. Sigh.

Also, the update NX claims to have released is not visible on their website. 3.4.0-10 is supposed to be out since the 15th of November, but it is nowhere to be seen.

01 Mar 2008 07:20 rdircio

freenx+nx binaries
For Solaris 10 x86

For Solaris 10 SPARC

For slackware 12

09 Feb 2007 05:54 nicole2232

Re: os x 2.1.0-9 client doesn't work for me
recheck your config files its pretty straight forward

20 Nov 2006 08:08 martintfd

Re: os x 2.1.0-9 client doesn't work for me
After a quick e-mail to nomachine, my problem was from

using a modified server. Very helpful support and definatly

the most useful piece of software I have used in a very long

time.

> Despite installing X11 I can't get

> access from my mac (it

> autenicates fine but then stops), linux

> client works fine so I

> know the server end is ok. Where can I

> get help???

18 Nov 2006 04:32 martintfd

Re: NX Core is Open-Sourced
Should have read this before posting, I have the same

problem, did you find a solution?

> NX client works great on Windows, but i

> can not get it to work on a Mac OSX10

> It needed X11 to be installed, but it

> still no luck. I tested ssh works to the

> remote server, i am trying to connect

> to.

> NX Authentication passes, but after that

> it prompts the login page again.

18 Nov 2006 04:30 martintfd

os x 2.1.0-9 client doesn't work for me
Despite installing X11 I can't get access from my mac (it

autenicates fine but then stops), linux client works fine so I

know the server end is ok. Where can I get help???

20 Sep 2006 15:39 bugmenot

Installation instructions for Kubuntu/Ubuntu users
NX is great - MUCH faster than VNC! But I do NOT recommend using FreeNX unless you want an exercise in frustration, or at least have access to the older client software (that, at least, seems to work, but not perfectly - in particular, I had font display issues when using FreeNX that I could not resolve, even after many hours of effort).

For those using Ubuntu or Kubuntu Linux, or who want to access their Linux box from a Windows machine using NX, you may find the instructions in this blog post useful:

01 Sep 2006 08:31 jeeva

Re: NX Core is Open-Sourced
NX client works great on Windows, but i can not get it to work on a Mac OSX10

It needed X11 to be installed, but it still no luck. I tested ssh works to the remote server, i am trying to connect to.

NX Authentication passes, but after that it prompts the login page again.

12 Feb 2006 09:44 Pfv2

Nice
This is a great software. I'm very satisfied with its features. Thanks.