Comments for Portable PHP/MySQL Corporate Intranet System

27 Apr 2011 01:14 Brianetta

seb249: Sure, pick my brains, but please, do so by email... I didn't notice your comment for six months!

12 Aug 2010 09:37 seb249

Hi Brian
Thanks for your work on this project - am having fun cutting my teeth on it.
Just wondering if it is still active ? and if i can pick your brains on an issue i am having with the directory.

Thanks

Seb

21 Feb 2005 06:31 Brianetta

Sorry it took so long (:
It's been far from the only thing I've been working on.

unfortunately, writing free software isn't what makes

me a living, so it's not first priority. Hopefully the

advances made in version 2.0 will show people that I

haven't abandoned this software in any way.

18 Jul 2003 04:52 Brianetta

New release soon
This project hasn't dropped from the face of the Earth! No, far from it.

The next version is currently in alpha, in that it isn't feature complete. It is being used by my employers, and so far the number of bugs seems to be very low.

I expect it to go beta (feature complete) in about a month, if all goes well. I'll announce that on the site and on Freshmeat, and brave users will be able to download it. It should be stable enough, but I won't announce it as a release version until it's been properly tested.

For a round-up of the changes that should see the next release, go to http://www.ppcis.org/ and have a look at the news.

18 Jul 2003 04:25 Brianetta

Re: Login Problems with default l/p

> Hello i get this when i try to log in
> with
> admin / istrator
> Your username or password was
> incorrect.
> i am using fbsd 5 with
> apache-2.0.46
> mod_php4-4.3.3.r1_1,1
> mysql-server-4.1.0_1
> any ideas there is a page that flashes
> up but i cant read it before it
> redirects thanks
> -Chris

The page that flashes up is just the authentication script, and won't give you any useable error messages.

The most common cause of password failure is a alck of cookie support. You version of PHP does support sessions, and PPCIS relies on these 100% to keep you logged in.

You will need to accept the session cookie that PPCIS gives you when you start up, so make sure that your browser accepts at least those. Session cookies are not persistent, and so you will be logged out if you close your browser.

07 Jul 2003 06:39 noname32

Login Problems with default l/p
Hello i get this when i try to log in with
admin / istrator
Your username or password was incorrect.

i am using fbsd 5 with
apache-2.0.46
mod_php4-4.3.3.r1_1,1
mysql-server-4.1.0_1
any ideas there is a page that flashes up but i cant read it before it redirects thanks
-Chris

20 May 2003 04:33 Brianetta

Re: New features

> I had one question... i have tried to
> put this behind ssl... and it works
> great, except for the links it sends in
> the email... still has http: instead of
> https: .. is there anywhere in the code
> i can change that reference... because
> the settings.inc file does not have
> anywhere where i can change that

Sorry, that one never occurred to me. You can hunt through the source for mail( and change the strings in the code just before it...

I'll have this done as a variable in future. I'm thinking of having much of the config in the database anyway, as the settings.inc is getting large.

19 May 2003 03:42 Brianetta

Re: I am having problems running PPCIS.

> After clicking the login button - the
> browser just jumps to a solid white
> page. The URL changes to the
> "auth.php" URL but does not
> actually authenticate the user. If I
> click the refresh button and the
> "STOP" the browser immediately
> - I see this following error in the
> browser window:
> Authorisation returned: userid=0,
> username=logout.
> If you aren't automatically returned,
> click here.
> I am running RHL 7.3 with PHP 4.1.2. I
> have other pages written in PHP on my
> server and they function correctly.
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

Looks to me like your PHP variables aren't being passed into the script properly. If you've tried everything else, you can see if the following works:

(again, DNS propagation might mean this isn't available for a short time)

19 May 2003 03:38 Brianetta

New web site
I have a new distribution site for PPCIS. There is also a live demo on this site. DNS might not have completely propagated at the time that I post this, so if http://www.ppcis.org/ doesn't work for you, keep trying!

23 Feb 2003 07:45 deneu1

I am having problems running PPCIS.
After clicking the login button - the browser just jumps to a solid white page. The URL changes to the "auth.php" URL but does not actually authenticate the user. If I click the refresh button and the "STOP" the browser immediately - I see this following error in the browser window:

Authorisation returned: userid=0, username=logout.
If you aren't automatically returned, click here.

I am running RHL 7.3 with PHP 4.1.2. I have other pages written in PHP on my server and they function correctly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.