Comments for smbwebclient.php

03 May 2012 14:05 marxjohnson

Hi,
Thanks for making and maintaining this project!
I have a few feature requests from my users which would be a great help if you could consider implementing them.
The first is to upload multiple files, either as a zip that gets expanded or by selecting several at once.
Also, the ability to move and delete files would be excellent. Currently you can rename them, but only at their current location.

Many Thanks
Mark Johnson

24 Nov 2010 08:51 t_om

If you are communicating with a ISO-8859 share and can view directories but cannot access files or directories that have special (e.g. scandinavian) characters in their names and get OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND errors instead, you need to add a proper setlocale() call into the smbwebclient.php script as otherwise PHP's escapeshellarg() calls strip these special characters from smbclient calls.

Here's the patch for Finnish file names:

--- index-orig.php 2010-11-10 10:30:49.000000000 +0200
+++ index.php 2010-11-24 10:41:15.000000000 +0200
@@ -49,4 +49,8 @@
#
$SMBWEBCLIENT_VERSION = '2.9';
+# Setting locale
+setlocale(LC_CTYPE, "fi_FI");

02 Mar 2009 22:32 seaq

mime types for OpenOffice and Office2007 and accents
Hi, how can i add more mime.types for OpenOffice and Office 2007?

also anyone knows how to solve the accents issue??

thanks in advance

12 Feb 2009 03:04 tmleow

samba 3.2 smbclient "-N" option has different outcome from the previous releases.

changing

$cmdline = $this->cfgSmbClient.' '.$smbcmd.' '.$options.' -N ';

to

$cmdline = $this->cfgSmbClient.' '.$smbcmd.' '.$options.' ';

may help.

30 Jul 2007 02:11 dj_judas21

little problem with zip download
I recently installed smbwebclient 2.9 on my web server. I am very impressed with your work, although I have one small problem. When I use the option to download the folder as a zip file, it fails. My apache error log shows the following:

zip error: Nothing to do! (try: zip -r -q /tmp/swcZvAi6vD.zip . -i *)

cat: /tmp/swcZvAi6vD.zip: No such file or directory

rm: cannot remove `/tmp/swcZvAi6vD.zip': No such file or directory

Obviously I checked that /tmp is world-writeable. Following the suggestion in the first line of that error log, i added ". -i" into line 227 of the script, which gave the following error:

zip error: Nothing to do! (/tmp/swcZYV18Be.zip)

cat: /tmp/swcZYV18Be.zip: No such file or directory

rm: cannot remove `/tmp/swcZYV18Be.zip': No such file or directory

I am using the following versions of software

CentOS 5.0

Kernel 2.6.18-8.1.8.el5

Apache 2.2.3

PHP 5.1.6

zip 2.31

tar 2:1.15.1-23.el5

I had a look at the script code, but I am not familiar with php. I hope you can help me to fix this problem!

Many thanks in advance,

Jonathan

22 Apr 2006 16:51 high

Re: does this software work on the windows operating system?
I would love to help you with implementing this since this is exactly what I need. I'm sending you an e-mail.

12 Dec 2005 18:16 madods

I Love it
I Love this script! Its just what I need to give a single Mac running OS9.1 access to files on a Samba server. Definitely one I'll keep in my 'toolbox'.

27 May 2005 08:49 abobrujula

acentos
bones!

tengo problemas con archivos y directorios que contengan acentos. he leido algo relacionado con un bug de smbclient. se sabe algo de esto? hay alguna solución?

gracias

11 Mar 2005 13:44 varel

Re: does this software work on the windows operating system?

> Hello,

> will this software work on the windows

> operating system without using

> "smbclient" but rather the

> windows "net" client?

I would accept help to develop this feature. It is very interesting.

11 Mar 2005 10:13 mozkill

does this software work on the windows operating system?
Hello,

will this software work on the windows operating system without using "smbclient" but rather the windows "net" client?