Very useful idea, but am experiencing too many difficulties
First off, I want to thank the author for developing this extension to bash. When it works, it really makes working at the command line much more pleasant and enhances productivity.
I am using bash 3.00.16 and bash-completion version 20050721.
It mostly works for me, but I am encountered some difficulties and decided to uninstall it.
1. The yum completion didn't know of the new 'localinstall' command token. To get past this I manually typed 'localinstall'. But then when I pressed TAB to do a filename completion on the .rpm file I was trying to install, the completion choices where still offering yum's sub-command tokens instead of filename completions. How do I inform bash-completion about the new 'localinstall' token?
2. The Yum situation became worse when I tried to use it with sudo.
3. Glob expansion when pressing TAB stopped working. That is, I used to be able to type:
$ ls *.c<TAB>
and this would change to:
$ ls myfile.c
This useful behavior returned when I uninstalled bash-completion.
4. It seems under-documented. Documentation at website didn't help me figure out where the yum completions where coming from. I don't know if this is a yum bug or a bash-completion bug. Is there a man page for it?
5. I would urge the author to move the project to a site that allowed better collaboration and bug tracking.